Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uk and jap differences cosmetic wise

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • uk and jap differences cosmetic wise

    this prob asked before but can anybody make it clear

    Originally posted by Longie View Post

    Jap to UK conversion

    EXTERIOR:

    1.Hole for UK side repeaters must be drilled in front wings
    2.Change boot door lock to UK lock (with black turn knob).
    3.Hole for aerial must be drilled in pas side front wing.
    4.Change rear light clusters to UK spec.
    5.Hole must be drilled for UK petrol flap lock.
    6.Change jap door mirrors for UK spec.
    7.Jap ae86 has brown glass.Uk does not.
    8.Uk windscreen is different size to a jap windscreen.
    9.Rear number plate lamps must be fitted to rear bumper.
    10.Jap grille (flap/levin with fogs etc.)-change to UK grille.
    11.Remove air con system/pipes/compressor/radiator.
    12.Remove power steering.

    INTERIOR:

    1.Change heater control panel.
    2.Change speedo to a MPH unit.
    3.Interior (door cards,quarter cards,rear seats)
    4.Headrests are different on Jap front seats.
    5.Jap has space saver spare wheel,Uk has standard alloy wheel.

    etc.etc.

    If people have stuff to add then it could be put in the list,I will edit it as we go along..
    Last edited by FATMAN; 15-01-2010, 09:52 AM.

  • #2
    Glass colour can vary Apex grade Jap can be bronze tinted
    Aeriel position is different
    No lock on fuel flap on a Jap
    Number plate lamps mount to rear panel on a Jap
    2 Tone Japs have the top of the bumpers painted on all year except for black over graphite
    No side repeaters in the wings
    Early Jap can have slatted or auto opening letterbox grill
    Late Jap grill on Apex grade has fog lamps
    Last edited by jdm86gtz; 04-09-2009, 11:51 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jdm86gtz View Post
      Glass colour can vary Apex grade Jap can be bronze tinted
      Aeriel position is different
      No lock on fuel flap on a Jap
      Number plate lamps mount to rear panel on a Jap
      2 Tone Japs have the top of the bumpers painted on alll year except for black over graphite
      No side repeaters in the wings
      Early Jap can have slatted or auto opening letterbox grill
      Late Jap grill on Apex grade has fog lamps
      different mirrors
      uk bootlock is different
      different rear lights on certain jap models
      Fat people are hard to kidnap!
      .... my name is Paul!!

      Comment


      • #4
        different head rests on front seats
        ALWAYS ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE OPENING MOUTH

        Comment


        • #5
          smaller mirrors on uks too!panel at the bottom of the windscreen is different i think aswel!
          Shakotan Charmant project started 11th July 2010
          Nct'd 12th July 2011...but will never be finished
          Carbed 7age charmant
          1uzfe charmant....at some stage
          20v 2 door daily driver

          Comment


          • #6
            from the front to the back
            different bumper and spilleters
            no arch mouldings on any jap
            back bumper is different no moulding and no plate lights
            different back panel
            different tailgights different glass
            no fuel flap lock pull cord on the inside insteat
            different boot lock
            different glass
            different dash
            different seats
            no sun foor in japs
            no side repeteres
            few more things to please add to this

            Irelands KP Site

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by starletfreak View Post
              from the front to the back
              different bumper and spilleters
              no arch mouldings on any jap
              back bumper is different no moulding and no plate lights
              different back panel
              different tailgights different glass
              no fuel flap lock pull cord on the inside insteat
              different boot lock
              different glass
              different dash
              different seats
              no sun foor in japs
              no side repeteres
              few more things to please add to this
              How are the bumpers and splitters different?
              iv seen japs with mouldings and sun roofs
              Shakotan Charmant project started 11th July 2010
              Nct'd 12th July 2011...but will never be finished
              Carbed 7age charmant
              1uzfe charmant....at some stage
              20v 2 door daily driver

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by starletfreak View Post
                from the front to the back
                different bumper and spilleters
                no arch mouldings on any jap
                back bumper is different no moulding and no plate lights
                different back panel
                different tailgights different glass
                no fuel flap lock pull cord on the inside insteat
                different boot lock
                different glass
                different dash
                different seats
                no sun foor in japs
                no side repeteres
                few more things to please add to this
                arch mouldings came on some japs it was optional
                are the bumpers and splitters not the same? bar no plate lights

                whats a sun floor?
                SC auto parts

                http://www.ae86irl.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65

                http://www.clutchandflywheel.ie/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kouki Paul View Post
                  How are the bumpers and splitters different?
                  iv seen japs with mouldings and sun roofs
                  bumper has no holes for no plate lights and the font bumper has no hole for thr beading all jap cars never came with beadings

                  Irelands KP Site

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by starletfreak View Post
                    bumper has no holes for no plate lights and the font bumper has no hole for thr beading all jap cars never came with beadings

                    im afraid they did lad

                    100% hand-made precision manifolds for historic Motorsport applications
                    Stainless steel titanium Inconel aluminium

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      mines a jap booter,it has no beadings but the holes are there!
                      Shakotan Charmant project started 11th July 2010
                      Nct'd 12th July 2011...but will never be finished
                      Carbed 7age charmant
                      1uzfe charmant....at some stage
                      20v 2 door daily driver

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        loads of japs had beadings and loads had sunroofs
                        SC auto parts

                        http://www.ae86irl.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65

                        http://www.clutchandflywheel.ie/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          my wob jap had beadings

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            also some japs had power steering, air-con, electric windows, electric mirrors

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              wiring loom is different 2,also some dash features are different and sun visors
                              HOOP THE COUPE


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X